Tuesday, June 21, 2011

2011 NHL Entry Draft Final Prospect Rankings

This is not a mock draft.  This is an evaluation of the prospects potential overall impact on the game in the players prime based on available information.

 Here are my Top 65 Ranked: 
  1. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
  2. Jonathan Huberdeau
  3. Adam Larsson
  4. Sean Couturier
  5. Gabriel Landeskog
  6. Dougie Hamilton
  7. Ryan Murphy
  8. Ryan Strome
  9. Mika Zibanejad
  10. Sven Bartschi
  11. Joel Armia
  12. Nathan Beaulieu
  13. Mark McNeill
  14. Oskar Klefbom
  15. Mark Scheifele
  16. Jamieson Oleksiak
  17. Joseph Morrow
  18. Jonas Brodin
  19. Nicklas Jensen
  20. Duncan Siemens
  21. Scott Mayfield
  22. Rocco Grimaldi
  23. Matt Puempel
  24. Brandon Saad
  25. Thomas Jurco
  26. Alexander Khokhlachev
  27. Tyler Biggs
  28. Dmitri Jaskin
  29. Zach Phillips
  30. Ty Rattie
  31. Stefan Nosen
  32. Vladislav Namestnikov
  33. Victor Rask
  34. Boone Jenner
  35. David Musil
  36. Ryan Sprool
  37. Ricard Rakell
  38. Daniel Catenacci
  39. Connor Murphy
  40. Mario Lucia
  41. Shane Prince
  42. Myles Bell
  43. John Gibson
  44. Marcel Nobels
  45. Tyler Wotherspoon
  46. Ramus Bengtsson
  47. Phillip Danault
  48. Adam Clendening
  49. Lucas Lessio
  50. Robbie Russo
  51. J.T. Miller
  52. Brett Ritchie
  53. Christopher Gibson
  54. Seth Ambrose
  55. Xavier Ouellet
  56. Stuart Percy
  57. Mikka Salomaki
  58. Marcus Grunland
  59. Joel Edmundson
  60. Reece Scarlett
  61. Vincent Trocheck
  62. Colin Jackobs
  63. Mattew Nieto
  64. Nick Shore
  65. Samu Perhonen


SOME LATER PROSPECTS OF SPECIFIC INTEREST

Kale Kessy
Jeremy Boyce Rotrall
Michael St. Croix
Nick Cousins
Jordan Binnington


Not as much background as on other sites so see Lowetide and Bruins Draft Watch for good player descriptions.  Also I would buy a copy of The Hockey News Draft Preview 2011.  If you want to be a real nerd, listen to the team 1260 all day, everyday (almost) and the Dan Tencer Show on CHED, all of which are available on the links lists.  

I've spent a lot of time mulling over the options and as such am fairly satisfied with my list.  I'm a dedicated draft observer but by no means a scout.  I started following the draft closely for the first time in 2007 and had Sam Gagner circled and then when it came time for the Oilers to pick I had him as the BPA.  With my early success (and Gagner's) I was inspired to follow the draft from that day forward.  Since then I have had nearly the exact same experience for Paarjavi, Eberle, Hall and Pitlick.  Last year was the first year I spent much time beyond the first round hopefuls and as such when I herd about our later round selections (I was at the on the way to the Lake for the 2nd round last year and couldn't get control of the radio in the car) I was familiar with most of our selections. I'm hoping to extend my reach this year into the 3rd round.  Hope you enjoy. 

EDIT: My initial rankings can be found here.~~~~~ It was my first post on this blog! 

No comments: