Saturday, June 25, 2011

Some Thoughts On The Draft




  • The Oilers, Islanders, Red Wings, Blackhawks, Panthers, Senators and Blues had great drafts. 
  • Guys I wanted but we didn't get: Dougie Hamilton, Mark McNeill, Boone Jenner, Ryan Sprool, Kale Kessy, Justin Sefton, Jeremy Boyce Rotrall and Myles Bell. 
  • Guys I wanted that we DID get: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Oskar Klefbom, David Musil, Samu Perhonen and Tobias Rieder. 
  • Some guys that have a little risk for some potential reward: Travis Ewanyk and Dillon Simpson.
  • A guy we took that I didn't know anything about coming into the draft , but that I'm already starting to like: Martin Gernat
  • A late pick I know even less about ( but am looking forward to getting to know) : Frans Tuohimma. 
  
EDIT: ALSO I nailed the top 6 in my mock, check it out here 


I'm headed to the lake for a week starting tonight and will be back with more thoughts on many Oilers related items such as a more thorough draft review, our new depth chart,  a prospect ranking by position ( and perhaps overall ) and other goodies.

I hope we finalize the Smyth deal (soon). I know we have something of a break from serious hockey for a while but I look forward to sharing more of my thoughts soon!

No comments: